Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Perhaps because of a recent discussion about American Apparel and their misogynistic business practices, I dreamt last night that for years, the employees of American Apparel have been breaking into my house at 2:00 AM, quietly stitching together shirts, having sex on my couch, wrapping up with a post-coital photo shoot and then quietly packing up and leaving before I get up in the morning. I woke up totally disoriented and went into the kitchen for a glass of water and to check that there wasn't a makeshift factory set up there.

Then I went back to sleep and had another dream that I was at a rehearsal dinner for the wedding of two friends, who chose to use the time to broadcast a 2-hour documentary of themselves roller skating through Manhattan.

Then a dream about another friend who was racially profiled and believed to have committed a crime he didn't actually commit, leading to his parents disowning him and his girlfriend dumping him. Years later, he is released from prison and tries to piece together his life, to no avail.

Dream after dream about all kinds of violations of time, space, identity.

All this from a bad experience at a Toyota dealership? I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment