Monday, April 5, 2010

Dream

I am sorting through the pile of shoes that sits just adjacent to my front door (the pile that my mother says is reminiscent of an entrance to a Hindu temple), looking for a pair of black Marc Jacobs kitten heels, and out pop two black kittens and a black puppy. They have been bound and gagged and thrown into the pile of shoes as an initiation ceremony into a gang.

"Who did this to you?" I ask them after I remove the socks from their mouths.

"It's the Crips," the puppy tells me, "And they're coming back for us. You have to do something about it."

I'm so angry I can't handle it. I start to grow till I am over eight feet tall. A group of men arrive on the front porch. They ring the doorbell.

I open the door. They are scared of me; I am over eight feet tall.

"Did you do this to my kittens and my puppy?" I ask, showing them the socks.

They deny it but I don't believe them. Then I start lobbing them with punches. The kittens and the puppy stand on the sidelines cheering me on.

I wake up sort of euphoric. I've never beat anyone up before. Not even in a dream. I imagine that if you're big enough and it's for a cause you believe in, it could actually be kind of fun.

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm... sounds like some aggression needing to be released--but maybe you got it out by watching (and hating) "how to make it..."?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Clearly my repressed rage isn't so repressed since it comes out in these blog posts. Seriously though, How to Make it is painfully irritating. Mark Wahlberg can get away with anything these days.

    ReplyDelete