Monday, June 1, 2009


I am thinking of math, specifically the nature of triangles, and Lacanian psychoanalysis and narcissism, about our primal need to be understood, about addictions and shifting allegiances and the things that are stored in our cellular memory and about negative ions creating good vibes and positive ions causing depression, and the Santa Ana winds and full moons and catastrophe and the Bermuda triangle and the mathematics of happiness and relationships. I am thinking of Neptunian personalities is what Vedic astrologers would call them, what I have and what my mother has and what all dreamers have, and seeking proof of things that can't be seen or understood.

I am thinking that my hair is too long, longer than it's ever been, all the way down my back and ready to be cut off and donated to Locks for Love.

I am thinking that it is legitimate to panic when your plane hits turbulence over the Atlantic as I always do. And how nice it is when you're travelling with someone and can hold their hand when this happens. And how much this Air France thing really scares me, and I am thinking about the flight to Moscow when we dropped and I flew out of my seat and the duct tape over a hole in the wall and how there weren't enough seats for people and how we vowed never to fly Aeroflot again.

I am thinking of dinner. Something simple. Organic avocado, cucumber, Bermuda onion and feta salad with a red wine vinegar-sumac-zatar-lemon dressing and strawberries with Greek yogurt and agave nectar afterwards. I am thinking about how much 60 Minutes sucks these days and how Lara Logan needs to stop showing off her cleavage during Iraq reports.

I am thinking of how much I love peonies and Vietnamese soups and how these two sites constitute my daily online crack:

http://dir.salon.com/topics/since_you_asked/


http://www.orangette.blogspot.com/


I am thinking I would like to be friends with Cary Tennis and Molly Wizenberg. This is what I am thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment