Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I don't text. I can't condense language into phrases like "c u 2morrow." And it kind of pains me to see other people do so. I generally ignore texts or pretend I didn't get them. In posting this on my blog, I have a sense that I am going to get a flood of texts from friends tonight filled with all kinds of nonsense.

I also write people off when they use/overuse (any use of the following is, in my opinion an overuse) net jargon like LOL, BRB, or L8R, or use emoticons. Just the sight of these things makes me cringe. Sometimes, against my better instincts, I befriend people who use emoticons or LOLs and I almost always regret it. My instincts are generally right. In my experience, emoticons are used by only the following kinds of people:

a) people of bad character
b) emotional liars
c) the frivolous and shallow
d) lazy dullards
e) people who failed high school English
f) passive aggressive people

I'm sorry, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment