Thursday, December 31, 2009

The shape of this year

was distorted parabolic. In a good way, like a swoosh. Think: The Nike symbol. Loose ends tied together in the last weeks of the year, which was comforting and neat. It reminded me of The Wire.

There were highs and lows. Mad Men dress up parties and amazing food. Weddings in Boston and Claremont and Halloween fests. Dinner at Providence, at Bazaar and Oliveto. Road trips to SF, a few weeks in Paris and London. The best falafel ever. Angst, nostalgia, being terrorized by my own writing. Friends moving away, sometimes to other countries, friends getting married, having babies. I let go of a few things that I don't want to carry with me in 2010. It was time. I have resolutions. But this year feels complete. Like something shifted from within and hopefully will keep shifting in the right direction. I feel ready for a new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment