Wednesday, December 2, 2009

NY NY

Whenever I get off at Grand Central, I run into people I know - friends from college or people from high school, former co-summer interns. Yesterday, after departing Metro North and heading towards the subway, I wondered who I would see. I ended up running into my dad who was catching the 6:15 local to Greenwich. He fretted that it was cold and I wasn't wearing a scarf or a hat. I wear scarves on the west coast but not on the east. All hats are too big for my head. They look absurd on me, like I am a small child dressed up in my mothers clothes. We hugged and then he went home and I took the 6 to meet Jo.

Food and friends are what I love about New York. Dinner at Momofuku with Jo followed by a stop at Milk and then a Chocolate Bar run. Slumber party in Williamsburg, lunch with an old college friend at Pearl Oyster Bar followed by dark chocolate and yogurt gelato at Grom. There was a mention of a David Chang outpost in LA opening soon. I cannot wait. Food kind of rules my life.

And at home too, asparagus cashew omlettes, fennel-blood-orange-walnut salads, Avocado-almond-grapefruit-celery root salads, glasses of wine, creme brulee, dumplings at Joe's Shanghai, roasted brussels sprouts, blackberries with kefir and maple sugar crumbles, vegetable fritattas, dark chocolate with banana filling, Spanish tapas - chorizo and mushrooms and shrimp with almonds and lemon, Thai lemongrass salad. Food, food, food. I will have to go back on raw foods and munch on kale for weeks to make up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment