Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dream, not a nightmare for once

I have to fly into Burbank airport, but the airport had a fall-out with the plane's captain and they won't let him land at the airport itself. He chooses to land in a nearby field.

I am angry at the captain for involving us in his petty airport wars.

When I get off the plane, I decide to go to a Wendy's.

The Captain of the plane is waiting for me at the cash register.

I order fries and a Coke.

He tells me he doesn't take orders from Armenians or non-Christians.

I'm not Armenian, I tell him.

The other one, then, he says.

Now I am really mad. This guy crash landed our plane in a field and now he won't give me my fries.

Why? I ask him. Can't you just make peace with anyone? Why you gotta make your own life so difficult? I ask.

What are you going to do about it? he asks.

I dump a Coke on his pants. Then I grab his blackberry and throw it into a fryer. It sizzles and becomes a pie.

He shakes his head at me. You didn't get it, he said.

No, you're right, I tell him. I'm just like you, I say.

You are me, he tells me.

No comments:

Post a Comment