Thursday, August 13, 2009

Emotional volatility

This happens to me once in a while when I'm working on a writing project that I'm really into. I don't really want to talk to people, or interact with people. I feel things, everything too acutely. Hostility, sadness, euphoria. During the KCRW beg-a-thon last weekend, I had to pull over my car because something about KCRW being 8 million dollars behind in funding made me think of poverty and the absurdity of a monetary system and how funds are always where they shouldn't be like lining Dick Cheney's coat pockets and not where they should be, like with KCRW or homeless people who have no food, or going towards a nationalized medical system and not towards a woefully misguided war, and I kind of broke down. Then it happened again last night during Rachel Maddow's story about various baseball equipment manufacturers donating baseball equipment to Iraq because the national Iraqi baseball team only had one bat. Then, this morning One Love was playing on the radio and I had another meltdown. It's like I'm entirely too emotionally porous, like everything sticks to me and I can't shake it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment