Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Before R left for SE Asia, she told me I need to start a blog that studies *get this, people* studies. Because I am obsessed with studies. I read source material and footnotes and everything.

Truthfully, there are no real answers to life in scientific studies. I know this. I wonder if I will end up like Henri Cartier Bresson, who one day just stopped taking pictures and when people asked him about it, he thought it was rude, like asking someone about their divorce. My sister told me that story. Maybe I will stop reading studies in a few years and get all cantankerous when people want to talk to me about studies.

C told me that it is okay to use the word "interweb" once or twice in a blog post but not like 18 times. I was not offended. I am not easily offended. Till I am. Then I am really offended. Seeing George W. Bush still offends me. When he is dead, I will not be offended by him anymore.

People are always giving unsolicited opinions and advice, including me.

Studies are a formal sort of unsolicited advice.

I was enthusiastic about the project until I wasn't.

The above statement effectively captures the narrative of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment