Sunday, January 10, 2010

The day after

one of those really good parties. The kind of party where everyone had fun and got along, and friends from different spheres made friends with one another and people made connections and hooked up and talked.

Today, the living room is strewn with empty plastic glasses and beer bottles, leftovers of ratatouille squares and rice balls and chips and tangerine peels and blackberries.

I used to be OCD about cleaning up after a party right after everyone left, but now I am a lax hostess. I don't drive myself crazy baking three dozen cupcakes anymore or make my own canapes. Well, sometimes I still do. But I think I needed to get over myself and realize that it is not about the food. Or the music. Or even the space. It's about your people. And I love my people.

No comments:

Post a Comment