Saturday, May 23, 2009



Did you watch La Ballon Rouge in kindergarten? I did. But that's because I went to pretentious international school and Ms. Megai was probably a film studies major in college. Thanks Ms. Megai, for the early filmic education. Thanks, parents, for sending me to pretentious international school where we watched French 1950s films in kindergarten. I will probably do the same for my children and they will grow up pretentious and annyoying and call home crying over their routine pathos well into their 30s. Ick. Makes me not want to have kids. Or maybe I'll send them to Quaker school. Friends seem so happy and well-adjusted. Thanks Grizzly Bear. For this song that I am in love with. I am glad you talk about the malaise. Will you marry me, Grizzly Bear? Yes, your whole band, I mean.


BTW, I had forgotten how scary that closing scene is and how disturbed I felt watching it as a kid. I would not want to be flying over Paris precariously holding on to a bunch of balloon threads.

After watching the Youtube recap, I swear that movie is about the director's tumultuous relationship with a temperamental woman who broke his heart and left him incapable of commitment, and therefore philandering with other balloons. I mean women.

No comments:

Post a Comment