Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Have been thinking about Havana and Grizzly Bear and the human need to connect, and beauty. Peacock feather earrings, clothes that don't fit. Stacks of books, succulents, Joan Didion and macrobiotic recipes. Dreams about a treehouse in my parents' backyard, teacups with blue rims, a summer in Boston and lemon ice cream at Herrell's. The sunset over the Charles, the Rothko room at the Tate Modern, sticky toffee pudding, a drum circle in Venice, a chocolate cafe in Havana, cold coffee with ice cream and pastries at the Ashoka after an afternoon of shopping with my Mama and sister, my parents' old wedding pictures, in an album with a red velvet cover, handmade cards that my grandfather sent me, Amar Chitra Katha comics that my other grandfather gave me, guavas on steel plates, Papa in the kitchen making an orange celery root and avocado salad, my mother's advice, a row of empty Limca bottles on a shelf in my Nani's house. Mornings where the sunlight wakes my toes first, June gloom, yoga at Runyon in the winter, things that break and can be super glued together, things that break and can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment