Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I don't know how this came up the other day, but it did. So I found myself looking up the trailer for it. When I was 8 years old, this was my favorite movie. I saw it like six times. I even wrote a movie report about it for school. And I cried at the end. every. single. time. I loved this movie even more than Adventures in Babysitting.

They don't make movies like this anymore. Everyone in Project X deserves an Academy Award. Especially the chimps. The real tragedy is not that the military was conducting cruel, secret experiments on chimps, but that in real life, instead of being given Academy Awards, these sad primates were probably sent back to the Griffith Park Zoo and harassed by second graders who couldn't appreciate their talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment