Tuesday, September 15, 2009

No. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with Happiness studies.

Although, someone once asked me if I ever get really depressed. It was an odd kind of question, and I said no, because I don't. I go through bouts of mild malaise, but I wouldn't characterize that as depression, just an angsty restlessness. But maybe I just manage sadness through writing, or inhabiting alternate, hypothetical worlds, or reading happiness studies. How many social/emotional/psychic contagions are there that we don't know about and that affect us every day? I also thought it interesting that sociability seems to be encoded in your DNA. If you are at the hub of social connectivity and you move to another part of the world, you will be the hub again. Whereas rogue personalities consistently find themselves at the fringes of social circles no matter what they do. It's actually not personality. It's something else altogether. Vedic astrology explains all these things really accurately, through the various houses in your chart. Happiness is mapped through your Navamsa chart, the ninth harmonic chart, through a series of complicated mathematical equations that I don't understand. But Navamsas are scarily accurate indicators of how fulfilling your relationships are/will be and how much you are able to contribute to your relationships; in other words, how much energy is exchanged in your interactions with those who are close to you, and how much joy you derive out of these civic/social equations, and how much joy people derive from their connections with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment