Tuesday, September 29, 2009

An email from my mom

My mom's interpretation of one of my last blog posts, reprinted without her permission:

I love everything you write that reveals your interior life. You must explore being forgotten more. Being remembered as what, for what, who particularly you want to be remembered by or not forgotten by - these are very very important questions.

I was thinking in terms of asking yourself - the proprioceptive question - 'what do I mean by being forgotten?' or not being remembered. It is much much more than just the ego self, or for that matter leaving a legacy.

To me it feels like a yearning to be seen as what your real self is inside; connecting with others from within. It may even sound strange but it's like the real true you within you doesn't want to be forgotten by the external persona. Or maybe thats just my weird interpretation

But you must explore it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment