Monday, September 7, 2009

Overheard

Nerd #1: I have a really good JPL story. This is like my favorite JPL story.

Nerd #2: Oh my God, I love JPL stories.

Nerd #1: Apparently in the 70s, these guys stole all these materials from JPL and built an all-stainless-steel RV.

Nerd #2: I mean, what do you even do with that?

Nerd #3: That's such an old retired engineering professor story, dude. Its like what you do when you're smart and have tons of time.

Nerd #1: I know! I have so many ridiculous JPL stories. That place is crazy (unanimous laughter).

Nerd #3: something something, network properties, something something fiberoptic network (shut up, cappuccino maker!) something RSS feed. Look at that something hydro-cumulous fire cloud.

Nerd #2: Something encrypted. Something Galileo's Sun. Something Linux. Something something hardware ID.

Nerd #1: I'm glad I picked MIT over Caltech.

Nerd #2: One of the supercomputers I was working on got hacked into by this guy from Finland.

Nerd #1: Yeah, some guy hacked into my computer. I was running algorithms and it would text me something something black mission. I asked my friend, tell me as much as you can legally tell me about a black mission and he was like, you know, it's not even that complicated.

Nerd #3: Galileo's almost 30 gigs now! AND THAT'S NOT EVEN DATA!!!

I don't type fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment