Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Synchronicity

Like the time a friend and I were sitting at the Coffee Bean on Hillhurst, working on a script, specifically a dialogue for the one we had dubbed the Michael Cera character, and all of a sudden, the door opened and Michael Cera walked in.

Or the day I decided to go through a file of old magazine clippings I had saved for the past year and stopped when I got to an InStyle piece on the Maharani of Jaipur and then went to my computer to check my email and inadvertently caught a headline that the Maharani of Jaipur had died, just two hours ago.

Or the time I was thinking about a former crush as I walked through Indira Gandhi International Airport and then ten minutes later, found myself sitting across from his parents in the Air India business class lounge.

Or the time that I had a dream about a boy in my freshman year English class - a dream of him bringing a boom box to class to play "I Just Called to Say I Love You" by Stevie Wonder and getting up in the morning, still groggy from the dream, and going to my computer and logging on to facebook to see what he's doing these days only to balk at his status update: "Listening to I Just Called to Say I Love You by Stevie Wonder."

What does it mean?

I've read Synchronicity by Jung, but he only confirms that these things happen. Not what they mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment