Thursday, November 5, 2009

thoughts that float and never quite take root

Some complex systems: nervous, digestive, hydraulic, galaxies, highways, immune, arteries, colonies, cells, solar, molecular.

On the way to work, a Mexican grocery store called "El Lechero."

At a wedding someone said this: "Do you know that the name Gavin is just vagina rearranged without an A?" Vagina rearranged without an A. Vagina rearranged without an A, I think over and over again.

Sometimes men will say something gross or crass and you'll ask where that came from.

"You've never heard that before? It's very 7th grade," they'll say, and it'll make you wonder what else you were shielded from your entire life.

My grandfather used to give me homeopathic placebo pills whenever he took his medicine. A capful of tiny sugar capsules. Now whenever I take homeopathic medication, I think I am taking a placebo. What other things in my life are upsidedown likethis? What other false assumptions/strange behaviors are guiding me from one place to another, one choice to another?

Maybe everyone thinks of themselves as a person of principle.

I miss home I miss home I miss home.

No comments:

Post a Comment